Apprentice HGV Technician LC Vehicle Hire
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at LC Vehicle Hire as an HGV Technician Apprentice. You will be learning how to service, maintain and repair a range of different manufacturer light and heavy commercial vehicles. Feel this could be the role for you? Apply today!
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
£5.30 per hour, being reviewed in April to increase.
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning the fundamentals of HV technologies - HV chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, electrical systems, and testing
- Learning how to service, maintain and repair a range of different manufacturer light and heavy commercial vehicles
Ensure all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified Technician / Mentor
- Liaise with parts department to identify and order parts
- To represent LC Vehicle, Hire in a professional and courteous manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus, Thornborough Road, Coalville LE67 3TN will include:
- Delivery of HGV Maintenance Technician Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full employment to candidate after the completion of the apprenticeship scheme
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LC Vehicle Hire
Platts Common Industrial Estate
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.