Apprentice HGV Technician LC Vehicle Hire
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at LC Vehicle Hire as a HGV Technician Apprentice. You will be learning alongside a team of qualified HGV Technicians, working on both light vehicle and heavy vehicle repairs and maintenance. Feel this could be the role for you? Apply today!
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
£5.30 per hour, being reviewed in April to increase
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:30. 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning the fundamentals of HV technologies - HV chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic & air braking, electrical systems, & testing
- Learning how to service, maintain & repair a range of different manufacturer light and heavy commercial vehicles
- Ensure all job cards & service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor
- Liaise with parts department to identify & order parts
- To represent LC Vehicle Hire in a professional & courteous manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus, Thornborough Road, Coalville LE67 3TN will include:
- Delivery of HGV Maintenance Technician Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full employment to candidate after the completion of the apprenticeship scheme
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LC Vehicle Hire
52 Kansas Avenue
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.