Reception & Practice Administration Apprentice Royal Primary Care (Ashgate)
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop skills within the healthcare administrative environment including call handling, face to face reception, prescription management and much more. You will gain a diverse and transferable range of administration and communication skills providing a solid foundation on which to build your future career.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00 with 30 mins for lunch
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Telephone call handling
- Booking patients in for various appointments with healthcare professionals
- Dealing with prescription queries
- Scanning documents
- Assisting the business services team with photocopying medical records
- Processing a range of medical documents
- Maintaining patient records
Each day is different however it will include a mixture of the above
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- You will be expected to work towards the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The Apprentice could become a full reception team member or could move in to the administration team
- There is scope to progress in to a team leader or other management role
- This position gives skills to take in to the wider health care sector for example a hospital
- Some reception staff will move in to a healthcare role and undertake training to become a Healthcare Assistant and then a Nurse
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Royal Primary Care (Ashgate)
Ashgate Medical Practice
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.