Apprentice Customer Service and Debt Recovery Administrator L2 LCF LAW LIMITED
This fantastic opportunity has arisen in our law firm. The role involves performing customer service and administration duties, involving issuing court proceedings against companies. The successful candidate will have a supported training relationship with the head of our debt recovery team based in our Leeds office.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
The starting salary will depend upon experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 5pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Apr 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This exciting opportunity will involve supporting the Debt Recovery Team at LCF Law.
You will assist and receive training in dealing with the following:
- Undertaking Bankruptcy Searches
- Liaising with clients
- You will gain knowledge and process paperwork during this role relating to small claims, bankruptcy and winding up procedures
- You will be involved in drafting legal documents, agreements, legal letters, and other correspondence. For example, prepare and send letters before action to debtors
- Assist in commencing enforcement proceedings
- Provide reports to internal team
- You will gain knowledge of legal issues around consumer credit and collection
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across all functions
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft package
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will understand the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) code of conduct, after training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers. The duration of the training programme is 12 to 15 months.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Attention to detail
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will have to evidence achievement of maths and English 4/C or above or Key Skills at Level or 2.
The duration is 15 months.
You will complete an End Point Assessment; this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
You are given time off to study; you will attend classes face to face or via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other ICT (Grade Pass Merit or Distinction) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.