Energy and Sustainability Apprentice Vauxhall Motors Ltd
You will be based within Facilities at the Manufacturing Plant. They are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of buildings and roadways. As well as the responsibility for Energy, Sustainability and Environmental and Waste management in line with UK Legislation. You will be working with the team to support in all of these diverse activities.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday - Thursday - 08:00am - 16:00pm Friday - 08:00am - 15:30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
06 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Complete template reports and ensure records are maintained for audit and reporting purposes
- Relate the workings of plant, processes and equipment to energy consumption
- Implement and/or maintain metering and measurement plans and undertake basic analysis of the outputs
- Carry out basic checks on bills and other recorded data to verify accuracy and repeatability
- Contribute to all aspects of the energy and water use audits: conduct energy and water assessments and/or audits, and identify products’, systems’ and processes’ solutions that reduce energy and water consumption
- Assist with the gathering of energy performance data and administration and implementation of energy awareness and motivation programmes and their associated communication strategies for reduced energy use
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Junior energy manager (level 3) Apprenticeship Standard
- This role and training is based at the Vauxhall Motors Manufacturing Plant in Luton, UK.
- There are nearly 1,500 employees based at the site building a light commercial vehicle under the Citroën, Peugeot, Fiat, Opel and Vauxhall badges. It is a fast paced, high volume site working across 3 shifts and producing 6,000 vans a week for the end customer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of this apprenticeship you would be eligible for HNC level further studying.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
About the employer
Vauxhall Motors Ltd
About disability confident
Junior energy manager
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.