Apprentice Adult Care Worker - Stockton-on-Tees Creative Support
An apprenticeship with Creative Support is the start of a fulfilling and rewarding career in the care sector. You will gain valuable experience working in support services while also undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Above all, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
Up to £18,525 depending on age and experience
Shift work including evenings and weekends. Shifts given on a two week rolling rota. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 May 2023
03 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be providing person-centred support for adults with a wide range of support needs, enabling them to achieve their goals, participate in the community, and enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
You will be encouraging people to be as independent and confident as possible in the following areas:
- Social skills/relationships
- Personal care & hygiene
- Monitoring and administration of medication
- Daily living skills
- Leisure and work activities
- Self organisation and coping abilities
- Personal safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain valuable experience working in a specialist area of adult support services while undertaking a level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care. You will also complete the Care Certificate and attend Creative Support’s mandatory training
- You will be supported by a tutor from a Training Provider and a dedicated mentor at work. 20% of your working hours will be spent ‘off-the-job’ completing your professional training. When and where you spend this time will be agreed with your mentor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprenticeship programme is designed to help you gain the technical knowledge and practical experience needed to become a caring, confident and skilled Adult Care Worker. Once completed, you could use your qualification to work towards a higher level diploma or specialise in a specific area of Health and Social Care
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
About disability confident
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.