Early Years Apprenticeship LEO'S CHILDREN'S NURSERY LTD
We are looking for a an apprentice to join our team as a nursery assistant. If you are passionate about the care and education of children, please apply today. You will be working and interacting directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
On successful completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship, you will receive a £500 bonus
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Mar 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Apprentice Nursery Assistant supported by the Nursery Manager and All About Children's Childcare and Education Team to complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship while gaining hands on experience of working with children in a nursery setting.
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- To undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
- To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records
- To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies
- To undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the course of 15 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a company who likes to promote within so there are plenty of opportunities to work your way up.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
LEO'S CHILDREN'S NURSERY LTD
16 Albert Road
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.