Pharmacy Dispenser Apprenticeship - Citywide Health (Huntington Pharmacy) Citywide Health
You will work alongside our qualified dispensing team in one of our pharmacies and learn how to become a Pharmacy Dispenser supporting the delivery of pharmacy services. Our apprenticeship is an 18-month course, after which you will gain a specialised certificate which is a requirement to work in any pharmacy or hospital pharmacy in UK.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
£7.50ph, working up to 40 hours per week
We have 7 pharmacies situated around York and operating differing hours. Apprenticeships may involve evenings and weekend working but is dependent of the pharmacy opening times. Days and shifts are to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 Mar 2023
02 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Working alongside a fully trained and diverse dispensing team, helping in the prescription process
- Dealing with customer requests and queries, both in person and over the phone
- Liaising with doctor's surgeries and other healthcare professionals
- Completing your coursework in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant standard.
All the training is on site, and you do not need to attend off site college days to complete this apprenticeship. When you successfully complete the training you will receive a Level 2 Pharmacy Dispenser qualification, which is a requirement to work on any pharmacy in UK.
Apprentices without level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression at the end of the apprenticeship can result in promotion within Citywide Health, or opportunities with local hospital or GP practices, or training to become a practising pharmacist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Citywide Health - Huntington Pharmacy
1 North Lane
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.