Pharmacy Dispenser Apprenticeship - Citywide Health (Haxby Pharmacy) Citywide Health
Your apprenticeship will involve working alongside our qualified dispensing team, learning how to become a pharmacy dispenser. Our 18-month apprenticeship will gain a specialised certificate which is a requirement to work in any pharmacy. Duties include dispensing medication and supporting with housekeeping duties such as stock rotation.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
£7.50ph, working upto 40 hours per week
Days and shifts to be confirmed. Apprenticeships may involve evenings and weekend working but is dependent on the pharmacy opening times.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 Mar 2023
02 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Working alongside a fully trained and diverse dispensing team, helping in the prescription process
- Dealing with customer requests and queries, both in person and over the phone
- Liaising with doctors' surgeries and other healthcare professionals
- Completing your coursework in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant standard
- Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end point assessment
All the training is onsite and you do not need to attend off site college days to complete this apprenticeship. An e-learning portfolio plus onsite tutors will help you progress to a Level 2 Pharmacy Dispenser qualification, which is a requirement to work in any pharmacy in the UK.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression at the end of the apprenticeship can result in promotion within Citywide Health, or opportunities with local hospital or GP practices, or training to become a practicing pharmacist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Citywide Health - Haxby Pharmacy
Haxby & Wigginton Health Centre
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.