Site Services Apprentice Buxton School
This is an exciting new vacancy with Buxton School where you will provide an effective caretaking service for the school.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£9,884.16 to £19,506.24
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
This role is all year round (52 weeks) Monday to Friday with a day release within this for college 36 hours a week on a rota basis.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
14 Sep 2023
02 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Activities - Operational
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Assist with minor/simple repairs e.g. minor plumbing, changing lightbulbs, unblocking drains, repairing door furniture
- Basic operation of heating plant, cooling and light systems
- Collect and assemble waste for collection
- Undertake cleaning duties including graffiti removal, litter picking
- Undertake emergency cleaning duties
- Undertake activities to maintain safe and clean external environment e.g. gritting
- Undertake basic record keeping as directed
- Refill and replace consumables e.g., soap and towels
- Report faulty equipment and other maintenance requirements to the appropriate person
- Maintain the security of school premises by reporting potential security breaches
- Ensure lights and other equipment are switched off as appropriate
- Assist with the receipt, distribution, collection and despatch of goods
- Assist and participate in the organisation and movement of furniture within the building
- Maintain and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
- Operate everyday equipment in accordance with instructions (training will be provided)
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Treat all users of the school with courtesy and consideration
- Present a positive personal image, contributing to a welcoming school environment which supports equal opportunities for all
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures at all times
- The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other relevant and/or reasonable duties as directed by their line manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
City & Guilds Level 2 Property Maintenance
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent contract on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Plumbing/Electrical/Painting & Decorating (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.