Apprentice Care Assistant HIGHFIELD HOUSE RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME LTD
Apprentice Carer required to support our friendly, established staff team in providing excellent standards of care to 22 people who live at Highfield House. The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in working in Health and Social Care, with older people. We are looking for someone who is respectful, caring and has a sense of humour! Duties include: To assist people who need help or reassurance and maintain confidential recording systems.
Closing date: 12 May 2023
3 enhancements for additional hours and bank holidays
Shifts are 6.45am-2.15pm or 2pm-9pm or 2pm-10pm Days TBC
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
22 May 2023
01 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The post is to assist people who need help with all personal care needs which includes getting up in the morning or going to bed at night, dressing/undressing, bathing, washing and going to the toilet.
- To assist people with mealtimes
- To assist people who need help or reassurance
- Maintain confidential recording systems
- To launder service users’ clothing
- To undertake domestic duties
- To offer drinks, light refreshments to service users as required
- To support people with social activities and exercising and going on outings
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and hygiene within the home
- To attend Care meetings and staff training and supervision sessions
- To support the staff team in maintaining a high standard of care and support for the people who live at Highfield House
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Level 3 adult care worker standard. On completion the apprentice will receive level 3 adult care worker qualification. Functional Skills in Maths and English may also be required depending on current level.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the possibility of employment within Highfield House in the future depending on the apprentice’s willingness to learn and develop within the role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HIGHFIELD HOUSE RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME LTD
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.