Dental Nursing Apprentice Level 3 Copley Dental Care
Copley Dental Care are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team and support the dentist in all aspects of patient care! If you are a highly motivated individual who would like to develop a career in dental care, then apply now! You will assist the dentist and you may also help with reception work.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday 10 am–6 pm Tuesday 10 am–5 pm Wednesday 10 am–6 pm Thursday 10 am–6 pm Friday 10 am–6 pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
27 Jun 2023
03 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You may also help with reception work - making appointments, taking payments, dealing with paperwork and meeting and reassuring patients.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education
- They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development
- We will be offering oral health practitioner level 4 and practice manager level 4 as possible progressions once you have completed your dental nurse apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
About the employer
Copley Dental Care
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.