Apprentice Dental nurse Stephen Godfrey Dental Care
A career defining opportunity to work and train within a renowned specialist dental practice. The role will involve meeting and greeting patients, providing chairside support to the dentists and ensuring the highest standards of patient care. You will naturally be able to demonstrate a high level of professional presentation.
Closing date: 09 Apr 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm, 30 mins lunch.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
10 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Practice Manager.
Full job description, including day to day expected duties includes:
- Greeting patients
- Chairside assistance to the dentist during all dental procedures including surgical procedures
- Recording of patient’s clinical records to computer
- Clean and prepare surgery before, during and after patient treatments
- Disinfection and decontamination of used instruments after patients
- Additionally they will be expected to act as receptionist when necessary and carry out routine clerical tasks - handling payments, booking appointments, answering the telephone
Attend Charles Clifford Dental Hospital one day per week within the duration of the apprenticeship to study:
- Dental anatomy, oral diseases, medical emergencies, dental radiography and sterilisation
- You will learn about oral health promotion and preventative dentistry techniques
- Some units will focus on patient care and management and you will cover legal and ethical issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing:
Dental nurse apprenticeship - working to the new standard (level 3) over 18 months.
This will include weekly attendance at the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital, with formative assessments and a final End Point Assessment for evaluation and accreditation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent career development pathway after successful completion of the apprenticeship, allowing professional registration with the GDC as a dental nurse.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Stephen Godfrey Dental Care
55 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.