Machinist – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship MARLOR TOOLING LTD
After many years of development and growth we have an excellent opportunity for an eager apprentice who is willing to invest and commit to being part of this exciting expansion. We thrive on building young minds in a way that they can be proud and gain vast experience within a highly skilled industry. The role will involve CNC grinding, manual operations and CNC setting & programming.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2023
£8.00 per hour
Monday-Wednesday 7:30am – 4:30pm Thursday 7:30am - 4:00pm Friday 7:30am – 1:00pm.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
30 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· To undertake engineering tasks allocated by workshop department supervisors, which are deemed by them to be within your capabilities.
· To attend Peterborough Regional College to undertake the apprenticeship qualifications.
· Ensure all company quality standards are maintained.
· Always ensure safe working practices.
· Carry out any other duties which may from time to time be reasonably requested to assist in the day to day running of the company.
· The Quality & Development manager will oversee these day-to-day tasks & structure a weekly/monthly schedule to ensure the appropriate training is provided.
Along with learning on the job things like the following:
· CNC grinding (beginner to advance)
· Manual operations
· CNC setting & programming
· Reading and understanding technical drawings
. 3D CAD modelling
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
For the first year the Apprentice will be required to be at Peterborough College for 3 days a week and 2 days on site at Marlor Tooling Ltd.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship gives you the chance to be rewarded with a well-recognised level 3 apprenticeship qualification with a company who continually invest in the latest equipment, software, and expertise to ensure we deliver the highest quality precision cutting tools for our diverse engineering clients. A persistent youthful management structure with an eye for self-development is the perfect setting to achieve a healthy and prosperous career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
INSPIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.