Pre-Press Technician Apprentice MULTI PACKAGING SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in pre-press print processes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced pre-press personnel to gain the skill sets required to become a fully competent team member.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Hourly wage between £4.81 - £10.50 per hour, dependent on age and experience.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Mar 2023
31 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The prepress team will train the apprentice to successfully undertake duties in the following areas:
- General pre-press administrative tasks
- Checking artwork on a technical level, including colour separation and image retouching
- Reprographic editors and understanding pre-press workflows
- Responsible for ensuring production is to the highest quality standards and adherence to SOP guidelines, operator instruction and customer requirements
- To use relevant office software and other WestRock software
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, and charter projects in the Project Portal on Westrock Connect
- Participate in company quality programs, e.g. Internal Audits, Calibration, Gemba walks, and 5S events to identify and report problems or deviations from standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On-the-job training will be delivered whilst the individual works towards the Level 3 Pre-Press Print Technician apprenticeship standard. Training will be agreed with the hiring manager upon successful recruitment into the role
- This will be mutually agreed with the available time per week for assessments and structure around off the job learning hours. This is fluid depending on the successful candidate's learning style and needs
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment within the pre-press/technical team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MULTI PACKAGING SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
Multi Packaging Solution
16 East Park Road
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.