Apprentice Sign Production Assistant PARTIES & SIGNS LTD
An exciting opportunity to work with a party and events signs company based in Benfleet. You will work with the production lead to create fun and colourful signs for birthdays, baby showers, Christmas and more. Duties include printing, cutting and mounting vinyl on substrates, interpreting client requests via online orders and packaging signs for delivery.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, 08.30am to 5.00pm. 30-minute lunch break unpaid.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
27 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our print on demand e-commerce event signs company is expanding and looking for a full-time sign production assistant who will carry out the following duties:
- Editing and enhancing graphics to be printed and mounted on a variety of substrates
- Printing, cutting and mounting vinyl on substrates
- Interpreting client requests via online orders
- Packaging signs for delivery
What we would like from you:
- A creative flare, graphic design experience (Adobe illustrator) desirable
- Experience using large format printers and digital cutters (optional - full training to be provided)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable, good time keeping and strong work ethic
- Professional, enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Flexible, well organised and be able to work alone as well as part of a team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Apprentices must achieve level 2 English and Maths prior to taking their end point assessment
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Parties and Signs and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time position may be available, subject to business need.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PARTIES & SIGNS LTD
8 Brunel Road
Manor Trading Estate
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.