Motor Vehicle & Maintenance Technician Apprentice STEPNELL LIMITED
Join our friendly and supportive plant and fleet team, which is part of Central Services. You will be working as part of a team alongside skilled trades to deliver effective plant and vehicle maintenance to the highest standards. You will gain competencies in a wide range of techniques. Reassembling parts and machinery and test them.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2023
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays • Contributory Pension
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
01 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will gain competencies in wide range of techniques and expect to undertake the following:
- Service and repair our fleet of cars and vans
- Inspect engines, gearboxes and hydraulic
- Identify faults using computerised diagnostic tools
- Reassemble parts and machinery and test them
- Arrange for machinery to be moved to a repair workshop if required
- Use hand and power tools and other specialist equipment
- Keep work and safety records up to date
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification achieved: Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3.
Training to be provided by Training Provider (WCG).
- Functional skills requirements for English and maths to be confirmed depending on results/current certificates
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Inspecting Light Vehicles Using Prescribed Methods
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Engine Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Chassis Units and
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units and
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Automotive Vehicle Auxiliary
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities to progress to full-time position after apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.