Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Jigsaw Curzon House Day Nursery
To assist in the care giving and education of babies and children aged 3 months to 5 years, plus possible holiday club cover. Working closely with managers, governors, parents and pupils, plus the local community to encourage development in each child.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Above minimum wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday – Friday; shifts to be confirmed. (10 hour days 4 days a week)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in the care giving and education of Babies and children aged 3 months to 5 years. As the candidate will be working with children on a daily basis a DBCS will be required, duties to include:
- Assisting with day to day care routines specific for each age range
- Consistent approach to learning and behavior and a willingness to work to nursery guidelines
- Ability to encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by adults and independently
- Organize and prepare creative and appropriate play opportunities Keep up to date on OFSTED guidelines
- Apply and adhere to policies in line with nursery and national standards
- An understanding of Health and Safety
- Ability to listen and reflect on feedback
- Communicate effectively with children
- Flexible approach to work
- hip with parents to encourage development in each child
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Early Years Practitioner standard for level 2. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 1 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.
Qualification assessed by college and a standard assessed by an awarding body.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full time position in the setting on completion of Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Jigsaw Curzon House Day Nursery
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.