Warehouse and Logistics Apprentice HIREMAN (LONDON) LIMITED(THE)
To be part of a company with a fun and engaging culture, to become part of The Hireman family. You will receive full practical training, be involved in organising the storage and distribution of tools and equipment. Working in our Warehouse, you will work with all areas of the business & gain real insight into the running & workings of our Company.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
27 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work in a small team and the key responsibilities you will learn and then deliver will include the following:
- Safely and efficiently move, load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; using appropriate machinery where necessary
- Accurately pick equipment ready for delivery
- Check van paperwork and stock when leaving or returning to the depot
- Ensure warehouse is organised, kept clean and tidy with all stock in allocated locations
- Check that equipment is clean, in good order and for damaged or missing items as appropriate
- Ensure branding such as paint and stickers are visible, in good condition, accurate and up to date
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety policy, requirements and safe working practices
- Maintain depot storage areas, car park, yards and entrance to trade counter
- Stock control – carry out stock takes, keep accurate records and stock levels and record and monitor stock defects
- Take ownership for your own performance and training and proactively drive your learning and development
- Challenge the status quo and champion continuous improvement and change
- Live The Hireman’s 7 Standards of Service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprentice will gain a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative qualification which will be delivered by Weir Training Limited.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking for a candidate who wants to progress in our business so there are real opportunities for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HIREMAN (LONDON) LIMITED(THE)
681 Mitcham Road
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.