IT & Network Engineering Apprentice (Netserve) NETSERVE LIMITED
You will be accountable in all aspects of maintaining and providing IT support to our business and home customers. This will include working on customer’s computers both within our office and by attending the customer’s premises. This involves prioritising type of fault by liaising directly with the client to obtain full details of the issue.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2023
Salary - £13,500 (With commission packages available)
Days and shifts to be confirmed between 9.00am - 5.30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
26 Jan 2023
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide efficient and effective IT support to primarily to our customers for installations, usage, or maintenance of customers’ products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications, this includes but is not limited to hardware, software, audio, visual, printers, servers, and other IT related equipment
- As part of your development you should assistant when appropriate the more senior technicians with for more challenging jobs, including website and hosting, DNS related jobs, advanced back-up solutions and full installation of servers
- You will also provide support to all more junior members of staff
- You will be expected to deliver IT support both on and, but you will mainly be travelling onsite to jobs: a company pool car will be made available to you. You must monitor IT support coverage so that any changes made to the calendar are clearly communicated with the customers immediately to avoid potential complaints. You should ensure you are well prepared for each onsite site and that you carry the correct tools necessary (all tools will be provided by the company)
- To act as an escalation point for basic training needs for all more junior members of staff, when necessary. You should ensure that any unresolved issues are escalated accordingly to a more senior technician
- To listen carefully to the customer’s problem, diagnose and identify the customer’s needs and ensure that the IT solution you provide is the most effective and efficient solution tailored to that customer
- Thorough diagnosis should include asking the right questions to ensure that the customer avoids downtime due to any incompatibility
- You should ensure that any software upgrades or suggestions are compatible with the customer’s current IT set up to avoid delay or failure in resolving the issue
- To regularly communicate the status of your technical solution to the customer clearly and in a user-friendly, professional manner. You will ensure that your ‘Daily Contacts’ are completed by the close of business every day without fail to ensure that our customers receive the best level of customer service from Netserve
- To ensure that all computer equipment is assigned a ticket and logged on to our accounting software. You must ensure that any information/updates, linked with that ticket, are entered onto the ticketing system immediately
- This ensures that all technicians are able to provide the customer a full update in your absence
- To follow all internal processes, procedures and policies. Failure to comply with company procedures and policies may result in formal proceedings
- Offer tuition to customers for new hardware or software installations
- Proactively educate customers and more junior members of the team about our ‘Go Monthly Support Package’ options and other potential software hardware and services upgrades
- To assist in the creation of technical documents and training material
- To assist in sourcing deals and offers, as well as new suppliers, for the resale of hardware and software
- To act as a role model at all times by complying with procedures and policies, acting professionally
- To assist the other departments with phone answering, providing technical knowledge, presenting training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team.
Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship Standard, with training in how to:
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
J M L TRADING ESTAT
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.