Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Little Owls Nursery
An exciting opportunity to support the provision of a stimulating and effective Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which will enhance children’s emotional, social, physical and intellectual development. To support the provision of high quality child care that meets the professional inspection standards.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday to Friday. Early and late shifts form part of the normal working pattern (8am to 6pm working shift pattern). Term time only and all year round posts are available, to be confirmed at interview stage.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
26 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the team to provide high quality care and education for all children and support for families
- To support the team to provide a broad and balanced Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum that will meet the requirements of relevant national and local standards
- To learn how to follow Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and the Early Support Programme for children with Special Educational needs (SEN) and implement that learning in the workplace
- To learn to observe and monitor children’s development and contribute to written reports of their progress and to implement that learning in the workplace
- To maintain client confidentiality
- To report any injury or accident ensuring that health and safety of the individual is maintained
- To follow the process for reporting any suspicious or suspected non-accidental injury complying with Departmental Child Protection Procedures in line with Local Safeguarding Children Board Procedures (West Yorkshire Consortium Procedure Manual)
- To refer parents and families for support where necessary
- If necessary, to take responsibility for a group of children during any building evacuation
- To support the team to provide educational visits for children and families, observing Health and Safety policies
- To understand and support Leeds City Council and Departmental Policies including these on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the post or grade as required by the Department
- To undertake the accountabilities of the post in accordance with Council policies including the Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 2 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the working within the early years sector.
You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor.
An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in maths
End point assessment:
- Multiple choice exam
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeship level 3 Early Years Educator
- Early Years Assistant
- At the end of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate may be offered the opportunity to progress within the setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
AS Level or equivalent Any (Grade D or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Little Owls Nursery
110 Merrion Centre
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College Apprenticeship Team
0113 284 6464
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.