Business Administration Apprentice GAINFORD CARE HOMES LIMITED
Gainford Care Homes (Brightstar Nursery) are recruiting full time apprentice administrators to work within our established nurseries in Chester le Street and Birtley with a view of permanent employment as a Nursery Administrator for the right candidate.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 May 2023
26 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The reception of visitors into the nursery and assistance thereafter
- Processing of all incoming telephone calls, all correspondence, receipt and despatch of all incoming / outgoing mail. Distribute all post received as agree by the Manager
- Typing and secretarial support as required by the Manager and Head Office
- The general organisation and day to day operation of the administration office as directed by The Nursery Manager including purchase ordering, scanning and filing etc.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is completed, uploaded onto company systems and sent to Head Office where necessary
- Personnel issues such as collection and summary of weekly hours using in house clocking in system and the duty rota.
- Personnel files to be kept up to date, ensuring all relevant documents are received prior to starting which should include (but is not limited to) application form, interview format form, DBS check, 2 written references (which have been verified), right to work checklist or right to work status sharecode for overseas workers
- All other documents must be received as per the new starter checklist. With the exception of supervisions and appraisals all documents should be scanned onto each individuals nursery genie record
- Complete all scheduled tasks as per the company guide
- Follow cash handling procedures as per the company guide
- Complete purchase orders for all departments ensuring quantities are relevant to the item requested prior to ordering. Food orders must not be placed unless authorised by The Manager following receipt of a stock sheet
- Maintain an accurate record of all archiving
- Other duties associated with the administration and accounting procedures as directed by Head Office and Nursery Manager
- The job role is entirely clerical. If there are any nursery management issues please speak to the Nursery Manager / person in charge. Please also refer to the Company’s policies on complaints, abuse and whistleblowing
- The Apprentice Administration Assistant will have specific tass which must be complete within the deadlines given
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business administration L3 apprenticeship standard.
All training to take place at employers premises.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full time employment on the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GAINFORD CARE HOMES LIMITED
Chester Le Street
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.