DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship - Oldham MOTUS GROUP (UK) LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles. A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00. May include some Saturdays on a rota basis.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
13 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment.
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace.
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Skillnet.
When on a DAF Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for. You will also be assigned a dedicated Skills Coach who will contact you every 28 days at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
DAF provides an extensive, high quality and an award winning Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an Apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
MOTUS GROUP (UK) LIMITED
Broadgate, Oldham Broadway Business Park
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.