57 Dental Care are looking to offer a dental nurse position in their hard-working team based in Bradford. You will assist the dental team in the daily running of the practice. Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available, covering reception when required.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Successful candidates will provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients. You will also assist the reception staff in any clerical duties and perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the principal.
Duties will include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Covering reception when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
57 Dental Care
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.