Wright Dental Care are a large practice in the centre of Worksop and are looking to take on an Apprentice Dental Nurse, who will be assisting other dental health professionals, providing chair side support and a high level of patient care. If you are eager to learn and have an interest in Dental Nursing then this could be the position for you!
Closing date: 13 Oct 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under his/her supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficient
- Building relationships with patients
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is sterilized and ready before procedures and treatments
- Processing lab requests/ X-Rays
- Calculating treatment costs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.