This is a great opportunity to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the setting. You will be working as part of a team to provide a stimulating and safe learning environment both indoors and outdoors.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To support the team to monitor and evaluate children's learning through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies, including completion of the 2 year check, children’s observations, individual planning and identifying next steps
- To provide objective and accurate feedback and reports for parents and other professionals on children’s achievements, progress and related matters
- To develop and maintain, positive and sensitive relationships with parents and carers to support their role in children's learning.
- To provide constructive feedback on children’s progress / achievement, on a day-to-day basis verbally, written or through parent meetings
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys on tapestry and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents / carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- To advise manager / deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre and so on
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the school / setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
- To develop your role within the team, showing commitment to personal, professional development and training especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of the high profile of the school / setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
- To support fellow nursery practitioners, students and volunteers
- To ensure good standards of health and safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To contribute to and provide information as directed by Head of EYFS, for example, SENCO, Safeguarding Officer, Risk Assessment Officer etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The chance to progress to the level 3 in Early Years on successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.