Apprentice Building Services Technician Clancy Consulting Limited
Clancy Consulting are a specialist engineering consultancy delivering creative engineering designs. This role involves supporting engineers, surveyors and architects on construction projects. This a great opportunity fort someone looking to start a career in engineering!
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
If the Apprentice starts employment after 1st April 2023, the new National Minimum wage will apply. In this instance, the minimum starting salary would be £10,296 per annum.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work effectively as an Apprentice, you must provide technical support to our Engineers who design and manage construction projects.
Enthusiasm, ambition, commitment and a willingness to learn and develop in the field of engineering are the key traits at this stage. For those willing to put in the effort, a rewarding career is guaranteed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce simple design calculations and CAD drawings
- Produce drawings within REVIT as per project BIM requirements
- Perform general sizing calculations in the MEP field
- Help the team to manage the flow of information within agreed timescales
- Be enthusiastic to learn and develop new skills and software use and actively apply in your daily work
- Work as part of a larger team to deliver the project
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects
- Check the progress of technical aspects of the construction work.
- Manage task work within pre-agreed time frames and delivery dates. Where necessary agree any deadline extensions with your immediate manager
- Contribute to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensure designs meet required standards following our Integrated Management System
- Be committed to your external studies, achieving the necessary attainment as you progress through the course
- Keep your training log up to date and attending training/CPDs where appropriate
- Ensure the proper recording, filing and storage of information
- Follow instruction but be confident enough to ask for explanation if required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Building Services Technician Standard
- Portfolio of competence-based evidence to meet the Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours criteria as outlined in the Standard
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Building Services Engineering to be studied at Solihull College on a day release basis over 2 years
- End Point Assessment
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to progress onto a HNC or Degree Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/6) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Building services engineering technician 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.