We are about to set out on the exciting journey to bring the very first Deckhouse to life. You will heck, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
20 Mar 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are about to set out on the exciting journey to bring the very first Deckhouse to life. What is Deckhouse? Deckhouse brings the very best specialty coffee, fresh food and curated wines in a fresh design led interior influenced by coastal escapism.
To help us bring this all to life we are on the lookout for extremely talented Chefs to join our team. You should have experience delivering incredible plates of food and a love for fresh and local produce.
We will offer training and the opportunity to learn and grow with the business.
A chance to join a new fully equity funded company offering an all-day & evening cafe & bar brand, in the coffee to wine/cocktails sector. A high quality fit out, fresh food, craft & independent drinks.
We are initially developing our first site in 2022 and then 3-4 sites in 2023 with a target of 18 sites within 5 years. So there will be opportunities aplenty within our ever-evolving business for right-minded people focused on a hospitality career.
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high-quality dishes according to specifications
- Use effective methods of communication with all colleagues, managers and customers to promote a positive image of yourself and the organisation
- Work to ensure customer expectations are met
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Production Chef - Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours
- Edexcel Level 1 Functional Skills English and maths (exemptions apply)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There are lots of progression opportunities for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Desired
About the employer
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.