Apprentices will start by watching and assisting experienced motor vehicle technicians, and MOT testers, keeping workshop areas clean, collecting and returning parts from reception area, with progression to completing mechanical tasks under supervision and then independently.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
07 Apr 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Finding and identifying mechanical faults, for example in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps
- Checking for problems in newer vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle's electronic control unit
- Advising owners on the repairs needed and how critical they are
- Providing time and cost estimates for jobs
- Carrying out repairs, which could include replacing damaged parts
- Carrying out routine servicing and checks
*A driving licence is required to move vehicles from one area to another.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- Apprentice Showcase
- Practical Observation
- Summative portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To be discussed at the end of the Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.