Apprentice Business Administrator - Support Officer, Business and Projects Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working with others to make a positive difference. Your work will help ensure the qualifications we regulate are fit for purpose and bring maximum benefit to students and apprentices. This is an exciting role, and will include general admin, the planning and delivery of events, and much more!
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To undertake business support and diary management activities to support teams within the Vocational and Technical Qualifications (VTQ) directorate, including working with senior leaders and their stakeholders
- The apprentice role sits within our Vocational and Technical Qualifications (VTQ) Programme Office. The Programme Office is the core support function of the VTQ directorate providing project management to several strategic projects across VTQ and acts as a business and management function
- As our apprentice in business administration, you will be key to our success. Reporting to a senior delivery manager, you will work closely with colleagues across the team and beyond. This role is a fixed term contract for 18 months
Duties and responsibilities to include, but is not limited to:
- Organising and co-ordinating meetings and liaising with colleagues where necessary to prioritise these
- Managing queries from internal and external stakeholders, including drafting or coordinating responses where appropriate
- providing secretariat support to meetings, including with senior leaders and external stakeholders, to ensure that these are effective in meeting their aims and to maintain good governance
- Planning and supporting the delivery of events relating to key team objectives and activities
- Liaising with other support officers and personal assistants across Ofqual, providing support and cover for absence as required
- Using Ofqual systems and processes to support the delivery of activities within directorates
- Coordinating the required administration activities in support of VTQ projects and business activities
- A personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion ensuring organisational values and professional standards are demonstrated at all times
- Supporting your manager with the delivery of the business and corporate plans for your area
- Contributing to continuous improvement in your own area of responsibility
- Supporting your manager with risk management by reporting/escalating any identified risks or issues, as appropriate
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with Ofqual's policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to corporate policies and procedures including equality, sustainability and the environment, health and safety and data protection
- Performing any other reasonable duties as directed by line management
This list should not be regarded as exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to deliver other duties relevant and appropriate to this post.
Additional requirements of the role:
- Any offer of appointment will be subject to a successful disclosure at basic level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Ofqual is currently reviewing the security requirements for all roles in the organisation and therefore the post holder MAY be required to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) to Security Check level at a later date
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards a business administration level 3 qualification.
All training will be delivered remotely with a dedicated development coach.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be the opportunity to apply for other roles within the business, and you will know about these roles before they are advertised to the general public.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DERBY BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.