Apprentice Nursery Nurse ANGELS BY DAY CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
Your role will be to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. To give support to the staff within the setting. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7am and 6pm, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supervising the children, ensuring they’re safe at all times
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at mealtimes and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard, delivered via monthly tutor led workshops (a combination of face to face and live, virtual 3 - 2 sessions) self-led study and blending learning and development activities, all within the workplace
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
- Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As with any apprenticeship opportunity, if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ANGELS BY DAY CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.