Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician apprentice B H M AUTOBODIES LTD
BHM Autobodies also known as Fix Autos are a well established accident & repair garage with a valuable reputation. The company are looking to welcome a MET Apprentice, whilst gaining a level 3 qualification. You will undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair as well as other duties.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
21 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, e.g. disarming airbags, undertaking electrical safety precautions and conducting pre-repair diagnostics sweeps.
- Interpret relevant technical data, specification and methods will enable appropriate pre-preparation prior to work being carried out.
- Remove, repair and replace Engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems, related autonomous items from the vehicle safely, e.g. Anti-lock Braking System units, safety restraint systems, Radio Detection and Ranging (RADAR) & Light Detection And Ranging (LIDAR) semi-autonomous components.
- Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system.
- Identify and communicate supplementary parts where required.
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process such as Geometry Wheel Aligners for alignment of the wheels, diagnostic hardware to establish any faults with the vehicle and establish if parts are replaced or re calibrated, utilising torque wrenches to tighten nuts/bolts to the manufacturer recommendations
- Rebuild vehicles post repair and reinstate safety critical systems including Safety Restraint Systems, airbags, seat belts and pretensions, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, cameras, Radio Detection and Ranging (RADAR) systems and Light Detection And Ranging (LIDAR) systems including collision avoidance technology.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) Level 3
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Functional Skill maths / English (if required)
- 20% off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression is available for the right candidate within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
B H M AUTOBODIES LTD
STAFF SELECT LTD
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.