Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice TIDDLERS DAY NURSERY LTD
Working alongside an experienced team to provide high quality child care for babies/ toddlers and/or Pre School aged children. You will have the opportunity to role model practitioners who are highly qualified and have years of experience in the Early Years. You will help create a safe, fun environment for the children to learn and play in.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
23 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Every day is different! Tiddlers is a great place to work with a fun, well established team. We have two sites in Saltford and are looking for an enthusiastic, committed apprentice who can join our team
- We will provide a mentor to support you whilst you do on the job training and assist you with course work
- Early years practitioners provide the best possible care for children aged from birth to 5 years according to their needs and abilities
- You will be trained in welfare standards and the EYFS
- As an apprentice you will get involved in setting up and planning activities that link to the child’s interests and start to learn how progress is made in their development
- Reading stories, making play dough, painting, water and sand play, glup, sensory areas, home corners, singing, nursery rhymes and construction are just a few of things you will be doing each day
- We want our apprentice to grow into an excellent practitioner that will achieve their full potential and grow their career with us
- Senior roles such as room leaders become available or you may wish to get involved in a SEND role or management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard:
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language.
Apprentices must successfully complete a paediatric first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
You will be required to complete Functional Skills mathematics and English (where applicable), Employment Rights and Responsibilities and British Values.
Location: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College - Filton Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Successful completion of apprenticeship, full-time permanent postion available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.