Apprentice Business Administrator OPTICA EYE CLINIC (JARROW) LIMITED
Optica Eye Clinic are looking to take on an Apprentice Business Administrator to work within their team and take on day to day duties as requested. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment. Your duties will include but not be limited to, assist in a very busy domiciliary booking office, diary Management, telephone home visit patients who are due an eye test and give them a date and time, confirm appointments etc.,
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
£5.50 for 16-18 years old £6.50 for 19+
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist in a very busy domiciliary booking office
- Diary Management
- Telephone home visit patients who are due an eye test and give them a date and time
- Confirm appointments
- Submit NHS spectacle vouchers for payment
- Answer telephone enquiries and organize bookings, repairs, appointments etc
- Process Hospital and GP referrals
- Pick frame stock for orders and send away to be made
- Check spectacles when they come back from the lab
- Organise delivery of spectacles to home visit patients
- Type up weekly rota for the Opticians
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full training is provided on all associated administration tasks within the office environment
- If you require to complete and achieve functional skills maths and English level 2 [if not already achieved C/4 GCSE or equivalent] support and functional skills training will be delivered by a functional skills expert form Woodspeen Training Ltd
- This is delivered face to face or via Teams online meetings
- An End Point Assessment [EPA] is completed after 18 months on programme. This is an external examination board who will assess all your work, portfolio and skills learnt within the apprenticeship
Business administrator Level 3 (A level)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time job on a permanent contract, with career progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
OPTICA EYE CLINIC (JARROW) LIMITED
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.