Vehicle damage panel technician apprentice EAST BILNEY COACHWORKS LIMITED
East Bilney Coachworks are renowned across the East of England, with a well earned reputation for quality service & results. Would you like to join them? The company is looking to welcome a Panel Apprentice, gaining the knowledge & skills to repair bodywork to it's former showroom glory. Supported to gain a Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 23 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Mar 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly
- Identify and understand the correct joining technology, e.g. when to use resistance spot welding or mig brazing or bonding.
- Remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Functional Skill maths / English (if required)
- 20% Off the Job Training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression is available for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
STAFF SELECT LTD
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.