Apprentice Healthcare Assistant CASTLEFORD MEDICAL PRACTICE DR JABEEN & PARTNERS
We are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Healthcare Assistant to join our busy, friendly, patient focussed practice team. Full training will be provided through an apprenticeship. We are a forward-looking and innovative practice, providing more than just General Medical services.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
23 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake new patient health checks
- Carry out baselines observations such as pulse oximetry, blood pressure, temperature, BMI, and pulse rate, and record findings accurately
- Undertake phlebotomy
- Administer vaccinations
- Facilitate routine and 24-hour BP monitoring, advising patients accordingly
- Undertake basic wound care, dressings and other clinical tasks as required
- Support the Practice Nurse with the management of chronic disease clinics
- Act as a chaperone, as and when required
- Undertake ear irrigation
- Support the GPs to deliver minor surgery clinics
- Carry out ECGs as requested
- Ensure specimens are recorded and placed in the appropriate bags when ready for collection
- Ensure emergency equipment is checked daily and marked in the book as checked
- Ensure fridge temperatures are checked daily
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained, and order supplies as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The following training will be delivered in partnership with a local college through a blended learning approach locally and on-site
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Care Certificate
- Level 2 English and maths (if not already achieved)
- Dementia Awareness Training
- First Aid at Work
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We provide support and training throughout employment, promoting development wherever possible
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CASTLEFORD MEDICAL PRACTICE DR JABEEN & PARTNERS
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College
Senior healthcare support worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.