TMC Garden Services are offering an exciting opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team as a Horticulture Apprentice. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge along with an insight into the industry. You will deal with various seasonal maintenance i.e., pruning, grass cutting, hedge cutting, strimming, planting and small landscaping opportunities.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2023
Salary will increase if qualification is achieved.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- Various seasonal maintenance i.e., pruning, grass cutting, hedge cutting, strimming, planting and small landscaping opportunities
- Plant care and identification
- Planning and researching gardens to fulfil their potential
- Opportunities for allotment care and planning throughout the year including hydroponic systems
The work undertaken varies throughout a range of gardens and includes general maintenance, small horticultural projects and also small landscaping projects
Your responsibilities include:
- Working with various customers to achieve their goals in the gardens and outdoor spaces
- Working alongside a team but also individually to achieve the working day targets
- All year-round maintenance of gardens and outbuildings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This will include Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work and Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor
- You will be required to attend Duchy College Rosewarne on a day release basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity to take a passion or career to the next step and achieve a qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TMC Garden Services
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.