A pharmacy based in Sowerby Bridge are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. You will support with dispensing medicine and customer service. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications such as L3 Pharmacy Technician.
Closing date: 19 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPhC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
- Training will be through an online programme that can be accessed at different times within the pharmacy
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time permanent role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship or potentially could go onto university to study at degree level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Sowerby Bridge Pharmacy
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.