To support and assist the teacher on a day basis and to challenge educational and social disadvantage by working with the Head of School in order to achieve the highest possible standards and prepare all our students to lead successful lives. You will gain a level 3 teaching assistant qualification as well as valuable work experience.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
15 Mar 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Live the mission and values every day
- Be a highly visible, consistent and supportive presence in and around the school; serve and support the staff and students
- Promote an aspirational culture which motivates everyone to work collaboratively, share knowledge and deliver exceptional outcomes
- Sustain the aims and objectives of the school and support the establishment of policies through which they will be achieved; manage staff and resources to that end and monitor progress towards their achievement
- To encourage intellectual curiosity, critical perception and respect for learning. We strongly encourage individual responsibility, self-esteem and confidence as well as care, concern and respect for others
- Uphold the principles of transparency, integrity, and probity
- Promote the school in a positive light in person and through all appropriate forms of media (do not use images of students or staff without school permission)
- Implement and model strategies that secure high standards of teaching, student behaviour and attendance
- Monitor, evaluate and review practice and promote improvement strategies.
- Hold self and others to account with integrity and honesty
- Successfully manage own workload and that of others
- Treat team members with equity and respect and be proactive in supporting all team members regardless of their need
- Endeavour to be able to deputise and backfill functions across the school
- Support students throughout the day by fulfilling pastoral responsibilities
- Participate in, and lead, coaching; work in effective partnership with other leaders
- Engage fully in the schools appraisal process to fulfil personal potential and be able to participate effectively in the implementation of the school’s goals and RAP.
- Consistently implement all school policies
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated
- Safeguarding Lead and use school system
- Take time to listen to the views of team members
- Financial Requisitioning: to record school spending on provided spreadsheet and make available to the Head of School
- Enrichment: to plan and review a range of enrichment opportunities that will close the cultural gap
- Extra-Curricular: to offer an extra-curricular activity that students can engage in that will close the cultural gap
- Incentives: ensure that students receive their correct incentive in an orderly manner
- Keep up to date with any changes in learning and teaching related to your subject area, including DfE guidance and curriculum changes and ensure staff are kept informed
- Set high expectations so that all pupils are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential
- Create a positive climate for learning, by explicitly teaching lesson routines and applying behaviour systems consistently and fairly
- Plan and support well-structured lessons which allow adequate time to embed new knowledge, understanding and skills and are responsive to pupils’ misconceptions
- Nurture every pupil’s intellectual curiosity, asking pertinent questions to deepen pupils’ understanding
- Systematically check pupils’ understanding and act to correct any misconceptions
- Provide pupils with feedback aimed at moving their learning forward
- Review and reflect on each assessment to identify gaps in pupil learning and take steps to address them
- To support the planning and delivery of lessons across the curriculum
- All external communication is to be vetted by the Head of School – this is to ensure consistency and clarity
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of School
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Standard Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Functional skills in English or maths (if applicable)
- All training will be delivered remotely by LMP Education
- You will be given time out of your working week to focus on your qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The right candidate may be offered a permanent position after completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.