Our client is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join a vibrant and ever growing team. Are you logically and technically minded? Do you want to achieve qualifications whilst gaining real life workplace experience through an Apprenticeship with JBC Skills? If so, apply now!
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Lunch is provided during term time
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Configuration and installation of IT equipment such as new computers and peripherals
- Maintain the College IT inventory
- Technical tasks on networked computers and laptops
- Periodic printer maintenance such as head cleaning and alignment
- Check and clean monitors, keyboards and projector filters
- Check the functionality of all networking connections and active components - network cards, data outlets, patch leads, switches and routers
- Basic network user management: Create user accounts, change passwords and file share permissions
- Diagnose and report faults to product maintenance contractor when dealing with in warranty issues
- Liaise with supplier or contractor in fixing simple faults
- Install and test software for use across the network
- Classroom support for operation of computers, peripherals, smartboards and software across the network
- Use IT help desk software for all IT related jobs
Some additional working out of normal hours may be required where there are system problems. Time off in lieu will be given where this occurs.
We have a total of 400+ networked computers and approximately 50 laptops and 120 tablets for education and administrative purposes. Students also have their own computers, laptops and tablets.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The classroom training for the ICT apprenticeship comprises of 4 modules. Each module takes 1 week and the apprentice will attend this in an online classroom with their designated JBC trainer.
The full 5 days will be required on the training weeks, and the apprentice must be in a quiet, suitable environment for learning to take place. This can either be in the workplace or at home. The class sizes are small (Max 10 learners) so that discussions and assessment can take place between apprentices, peers and trainers.
The 4 ICT modules are:
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Operating Systems
- Cloud Fundamentals
- IT and Business Principles
JBC delivers this apprenticeship over 16 Months total. This is made up of a 13-month training period and a 3 month assessment period that is known as EPA (End Point Assessment).
On the apprentice’s successful completion of the end point assessment, the apprentice will receive the following:
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Certification
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
May lead to a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JBC SKILLS TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.