Do you enjoy working with children? Chingford House school are seeking an apprentice to join their established team and develop their knowledge and skills in the early years sector. This is a great opportunity to start your Childcare career, gain a nationally recognised qualification and work alongside experienced staff.
Closing date: 23 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
06 Apr 2023
3 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To carry out planned activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents / carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work as part of a team, supporting colleagues to ensure the safety and well being of the children at all times
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery’s aims and objectives
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION.
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End point assessment:
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
- Knowledge Test
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential progression onto level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship
- To be discussed at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.