Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship available for an immediate start. Would suit a candidate who is looking for an apprenticeship. This apprenticeship will include practical training in our state-of-the-art training facilities, a technical certificate and fantastic work-based training. You will interact with planners, supervisors, inspectors, designers, welders, and many others involved in manufacturing.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using steel plate and metal sheet
- The Fabricator apprentice will work alone or in teams in the factory
- The Fabricator apprentice will use a large range of metals including steel, aluminium and titanium at a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm up to over 20mm
- In their daily work, the apprentice will interact with planners, supervisors, inspectors, designers, welders, and many others involved in manufacturing
- The fabricator apprentice will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of their own work whilst ensuring it conforms to a relevant specification such as an engineering drawing
- The Fabricator apprentice will be responsible for the health, safety and environmental (HS&E) protection of themselves and others around them
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Practical training in the college workshops for 25 weeks
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge). 2 years 1 day per week
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprentice has completed they will become a time served metal fabricator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.