A pharmacy based in Manchester are hoping to recruit a hard-working and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. You will be involved in supporting the supply, preparation and assembly of medicines and products, issuing them to patients and other healthcare professionals.
Closing date: 23 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Mar 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided:
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of full-time role for the right person
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship standard
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WILKINSON PHARMACY LTD
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.