The Apprentice will be invited into a team of highly qualified practitioners with good knowledge and depth of experience in the industry. The Apprentice will work closely with the Manager and Deputy Manager where support and mentoring will be given as the Apprentice progresses through their Level 3.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
5 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Due to the high numbers of enrolments of children joining our nursery, we have job openings available. Full-time/part-time positions will be considered dependent on the needs of the nursery. Applicants must have a minimum of Level 2 or above in Childcare and Education qualifications.
- You must be able to work as part of a team and be able to care for and supervise the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- You will work with your Room leader and colleagues planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery. Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- You will be required to keep development records and observations of the children and offer positive management of children's behaviour. Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records is essential
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the nursery and equipment is a vital part of the role as is providing a good role model for Students and help new staff to fit into the nursery
- You will be required to undertake supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies’ bottles, laundry duties and children's outings. Must love being outdoors, come rain or shine
- You will be someone who is dynamic, has the ability to work as part of a team, be able to use your initiative and time-manage your day effectively to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team and to work closely with the nursery Deputy/Manager
- You will be someone who is experienced and focused on delivering excellent standards of care with a natural ability to work as part of a team and always be willing to go above and beyond
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager and Director
- The nursery has an excellent reputation, and we want to maintain the excellent standards that the nursery has already been accredited for when we received OUTSTANDING in all areas in our Ofsted inspection
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like it!
If the above sounds like you and you think you fit the criteria, we would love to hear from you!
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- In-house training for various aspects of child development
- Functional skills if needed
- Paediatric first aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent position within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.