Apprentice Early Years Practitioner THE WENDY HOUSE DAY NURSERY IMPINGTON LTD
A fantastic opportunity to build a career at a nursery that prides itself on the highest quality of care and teaching for all children and the support it provides its staff team. You will be caring for the children from helping to create learning activities and teaching them. Also helping to feed the children and hygiene routines for the children.
Closing date: 27 Jul 2023
The nursery operates between the hours of 7.30am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. Your minimum working hours will be 35 hours per week, confirmed weekly by the nursery manager, but typically between 9.00am - 5.00pm, 9.30am - 6.00pm etc.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
31 Jul 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be trained in the role of a nursery practitioner
- To contribute in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the room
- To work together as a team supporting each other for the benefit of the children
- Liaise with parent’s and carer’s, sharing information about their child’s development
- Where required attend college and complete assignments on time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve an Early Years Practitioner
- This will include a weekly day release to college and an assessor visiting every 4-6 weeks
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentially an offer of employment on successful completion of Apprenticeship training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 / C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WENDY HOUSE DAY NURSERY IMPINGTON LTD
New Road, Impington
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.