Hairways is recruiting for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Droylsden. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing and become a fully qualified stylists in a vibrant and successful salon. Duties include working the reception desk and booking client appointments, keeping salon clean and tidy etc.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities within the salon include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will train with Michaeljohn Training School, a multi-award-winning training provider with over 40 years of experience in the hairdressing and barbering industry
- Our team of dedicated educators are highly skilled hair professionals who continue to work in some of the industry’s most reputable salons. You will achieve Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional (Hairdressing) and Functional skills in maths and English (if needed)
- Our academy - with 4 floors of salons and learning zones - is the ideal environment to learn hairdressing and barbering; you will attend one day per week on day release from your employer. We only work on live models for training and assessments purposes, giving you real life salon experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning (on average) salaries of £25,000+ once qualified
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, work mobile, work abroad, work on model runways and cruise ships - the opportunities are endless!
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Standard
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Michaeljohn Training School
0161 819 2552
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.