Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship CANOPY CHILDRENS NURSERY
An excellent opportunity to work as a Nursery Assistant at Canopy Children's Nursery, working directly with the Room Leader or Deputy Manager to provide outstanding care and education in the nursery. You will receive exceptional support, training and mentoring within the nursery setting and from your skills coach at Juniper Training.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the highest care and education standards and ensure secure knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures and child development and knowledge of EYFS and Canopy curriculum and regulatory standards.
- Ensuring internal policies and procedures and legislation from governing bodies are adhered to and demonstrate your knowledge through high standards of practice.
- Deliver and support the Canopy curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach to operating all aspects of the nursery and support the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with all stakeholders of the nursery and wider Canopy community including parent’s professionals and colleagues.
- Ensure keeping health and safety policies and procedures and continuously and demonstrate behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture.
- Working as part of the team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the demands of the area you are working within i.e., hygiene standards and room preparation.
- Understand the referral processes when necessary to engage with professionals to support a child referral.
- Attend staff meetings and training to ensure a continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma for Early Years Practitoner
- English and Maths support if required
- End Point Assessment
- Work based learning
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Canopy Children's Day Nursery will offer further development and progression whenever possible.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE English and Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 FS) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.