A fantastic opportunity is available to work and train towards becoming a fully qualified Dental Nurse at The Avenue Dental Practice in Enderby, Leicestershire. The role includes providing chairside assistance to the Dentist, accurately completing patient clinical records and supporting the care and welfare of patients.
Closing date: 19 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties would typically include the following:
- Assisting the Dentist chair side during clinical procedures.
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile
- Ensuring the best care and welfare of patients
- Accurately completing patient clinical records as directed
- Ensuring adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensuring computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaising with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Fortnightly day release to attend Leicester College Freemans Park Campus will be required throughout the course of the program
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Treatment Co-ordinator
- Oral Health Educator
- NVQ Assessor
- Senior Dental Nurse
- Practice Manager
- Specialist Nursing
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or L2 equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.