We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our wider Data and Funding Team to provide administrative support to several departments (Exams, Data and Funding, MIS and Apprenticeships),whilst maintaining, monitoring and evaluating student records across the College and ensuring accuracy of all records for funding and statistical purposes.
Closing date: 02 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
6 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The postholder will be expected to provide administrative services for the wider Data and Funding team, inclusive of Exams, Apprenticeships and MIS whilst maintaining, monitoring and evaluating student records across the College (both on and off site) and ensuring accuracy of all records for funding and statistical purposes.
Duties will include:
- To work cohesively with all teams to prepare and maintain accurate records both electronically and paper based
- To support the teams to amend student data and implement student course changes and related fee adjustments
- To assist the team to prepare and maintain information for the collection of student/course fees through the invoicing of sponsors (LEAs, employers, Government Training Scheme Agencies)
- To undertake work in relation to examinations, timetabling and registers as required
- To support the teams in preparing Apprenticeship sign up’s, sign offs and collation of relevant data
- Respond efficiently and professionally to all enquiries and maintain good public relations with all clients
- Work in close co-operation with team members and faculties within the College to enable an appropriate level of support and continuous flow of information
- Provide an efficient and effective level of support for the Management Information System and its operations
- To be involved in the key College enrolment dates, this includes the processing of information, assessment of related fees and data entry
- To work co-operatively with other areas of the College to provide a corporate College service, particularly at enrolment times and key stages in the academic calendar
- To maintain student confidentiality and ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act
- To undertake appropriate staff development as agreed with the line manager to keep abreast of developments in the principal area of work
- Undertake such other duties, commensurate with your grade and hours of work, as may reasonably be required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- All Apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Excellent progression available upon completion of Apprenticeship/training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.