Early Years Educator Apprenticeship SWINESHEAD PRE-SCHOOL PLAYGROUP
Join us at Swineshead Pre School where you will support our children with the chance to grow in confidence in a safe, stimulating and fun learning environment. You will encourage the children to develop at their own pace in a secure setting, supported by staff who keep parents up to date with the progress of their child.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be able to interact appropriately with a small key group of children, always role modelling positive behaviour
- Support and encourage children at snack time and occasional lunchtimes
- To be able to use an iPad to photograph children engaged in activity and record the voice of the child (written, typed or videoed)
- Gain awareness of the different rooms in the setting and their general routines etc
- Become aware of all emergency procedures within setting
- Be spontaneous, adapting to child reactions, extending ideas and planning to encourage engagement, imagination and opportunity
- Be part of the team, show your initiative!
- Don’t be afraid to be a lion, a shark, a dinosaur, an opera singer, a racing driver, an aeroplane or even the Gruffalo, you will not be judged!!
- A full and current DBS is essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Early Years Educator Apprenticeship will take you two years to complete. You will study at Boston College for half a day a week, and four and half days with your employer. On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will achieve a level 3 qualification. This qualification also includes the mandatory paediatric first aid unit.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a permanent job once qualified for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SWINESHEAD PRE-SCHOOL PLAYGROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.